Friday, September 16, 2011

50's rock and roll, what do you recommend for someone just discovering it?

I remember one of the first tapes I took from my parents to play in my room was a 50's rock and roll one, I don't remember to many of the songs but I remember it was awesome. I have downloaded a few but I have no idea what I am after. Could you recommend a few songs and artists?|||BILL HALEY %26amp; THE COMETS, FATS DOMINO, ELVIS, early JOHNNY CASH stuff, basically anything that was on Sun Records back then was usually pretty good. |||try any songs from jimmy hendrix, or led zepplin, or pink floyd, or the doors





or are you looking for more like the beatles and the monkeys? |||I would recommend some Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino... to name a couple.





Hope you can dig it.|||Fats Domino


Chuck Berry


Little Richard


The Drifters


Elvis|||Chuck Berry, Ricky Nelson, Carl Perkins, The Big Booper, and of course The King..|||Bill Haley, Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Elvis, Cliff Richard,


Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins,


Bo Didley ,Big Bopper,

No comments:

Post a Comment