Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can Rock and Roll Be Saved From Its Current Generic State?

And will we ever have rock legends again?





What do you think needs to happen?|||Revolution indeed. I think all that needs to happen is to make mainstream music good, and talented again. There are plenty of great touring bands now, but because they arent popular from mtv, not many know. I think that a change in the mainstream will inspire some future legends... but as long as 12 yr old girls control the popular vote...jonas brothers will be considered real music... maybe an assasination! (or three!)|||We need a revolution|||I think there will be Rock Legends soon


but I don't know what needs to be done|||We need Rage Against the Machine!!!|||LOTS of things need to happen:





But for a start we need to eliminate of the Jonas brothers, they just ruin everything. Ugh.





Metallica are legends, and they're still around but I have a strong feeling their not going to last much longer.|||Generic is in the mainstream. Look a little further and there is more out there.|||There are still amazing rock bands out there putting out new and awesome **** but you'll never hear it on the radio. It seems to me that radio rock has been crap since about 2001 but I just attributed that to me getting old. I cut my musical teeth on Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Rage, Tool and all those bad *** bands of the early 90's. Rock is a living growing thing it's constantly sprouting new branches sometimes they flourish and other times they don't. Right now the radio is catering to all the emo kids but once they get older something new will sprout up.|||oh God i hope so!!!


i think we could have some look at this vid


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbyPvPM8w鈥?/a> the band is called crooked x and they rock


i have no clue what needs to happen but the radio has a big influence so play more classic hard rock and metal stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment