Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Where to start if you want to know everything about classic rock and roll?

I don't know much about the 60s 70s era of rock and roll but i want to.


Things like Led zeppelin, guns n roses, alice cooper, and stuff is what i want to learn so please help my interest. :)


like the best songs ever written and like quotes and significant events that has happened that i should know about would be great if that was put in. Thank you! %26amp;%26amp; I'm glad we share the same interest. :)|||find an old guy that was into rock and lived through those times and ask him about it. you get a lot more information that comes from personal experience.|||Start in the 50's with people like Elvis and Chuck Berry.|||I took a History of Rock %26amp; Roll class last semester at the college out here in Vegas, and I learned everything about those bands you mentioned! i would consider enrolling in one of those classes, if possible.|||I would say start with the Blues and work your way up from there.





But you can do research on the net about certain bands or bands that have influenced them and really get into the music. Rock is not about facts and figures anyway. It's about the artistic element of it that I find more interesting.|||Elvis Presley - The Beatles - The Who - Led Zeppelin - Queen





In that order...|||i'd start with african american slavery heritage. then move to blues and then the 50's. the blacks invented 90% of the music thats popular today. all hail african americans. for example jimi hendrix started the hard rock movement guess what he was an african american.|||Listen to every song ever recorded from Robert Johnson to Empire Of The Sun|||Take a band like the Rolling Stones or The Who and research their influences and then look at what came after. From there, you can track where Rock n Roll came from and where it went. Don't go back too far because you will lose your subject. Don't get bogged down by the empowering movements either, because in the end it is still about the music and those that loved it.|||Other than doing research, check out That Metal Show, they usually pick a band every week, and go into detail about it (usually 70s-80s stuff), and Behind the Music usually tells in detail what was going on when a specific song was written, and shows how it was recorded. Both air on VH1 classic.|||just simply explore what you like and research where they got their influences. you don't have to listen to a particular band. the origins of rock are still disputed|||Watch these


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZnKNRw47鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYtph7YFs鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAzOvL9__鈥?/a>|||Well my journey started with the Beatles, I heard them and I was hooked. I started to look at other bands that played during the same time and looked into their influences and who they looked up to. After the Beatles I got hooked on Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin. Then I heard Tommy by the Who I was blown away, and my search just intensified. My classic rock collection kept growing as I discovered new stuff. I have been listening to classic rock for years now and I still feel the need to find out a lot more.


So I would suggest that you look more into those bands and find out more about who their influences were and what other bands where around with them. There is no set way to go about it. If you know anyone who is in to classic rock I would defiantly recommend you ask them for some band recommendations. It is a long but amazing journey and I wish you the best of luck.|||Obviously in the early 50's. The time when it was still raw,wild and unpolished. You don't get classier than that


Late 40's before it was called R%26amp;R.


There are plenty of sites with information abourt Real R%26amp;R|||You pick things up as you look around more. You don't need to take any classes or read any books if you don't want to. Just being a fan of bands and discovering music in certain ways will help you pick up knowledge here and their.





I've learnt a fair bit just by being a fan for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment