Friday, September 16, 2011

Where can i find quotes about rock and roll?

i want quotes about rock and roll, heavy metal and all that stuff. y'know what i mean, like what rock and roll means to other rock artists. thanks in advance!|||This should be of help to you ~





http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/50-mor…|||'If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my *** in jail!'


Kurt Cobain





'Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read.'


Frank Zappa





'Everyone talks about rock these days; the problem is they forget about the roll.'


Keith Richards





'I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend.'


Freddie Mercury





'We're a rock group. we're noisy, rowdy, sensational and weird.'


Angus Young





'Rock 'n' roll is much easier if you're white.'


Kid Rock





And my favourite (as a teenage girl who listens to classic rock)





'I grew up in a world that told girls they couldn't play rock 'n' roll.'


Joan Jett|||“Elvis may have been the king of rock'n'roll, but I am the queen.” - Little Richard Penniman





“The '60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.” - Abbie Hoffman





“I'm dealing in rock'n'roll. I'm, like, I'm not a bona fide human being.” - Phil Spector





“If you're looking for youth, you're looking for longevity, just take a dose of rock 'n' roll. It keeps you going. Just like the caffeine in your coffee. Rock 'n' roll is good for the soul, for the well being, for the psyche, for your everything. I love it. I can't even picture being without rock 'n' roll.” - Hank Ballard





“I started off doing rock 'n' roll, and then I went back, a couple of albums ago, into writing rock 'n' roll songs, and now this is a show with a straight-up rock 'n' roll band.” - John Cale





“You can't have rock and roll without drugs, you can't have rock and roll without sex.” - Rick James





“Rock 'n' roll is a business, ... Rock 'n' roll is a way of life. It's nice to think of it as a guitar-smashing party all the time, but the truth of the matter is, it's a serious family and business for INXS, in that order.” - Mark Burnett





“All the traditional iconography around rock 'n' roll - sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll - wasn't so much a rallying cry for women.” - Brad Tolinski





“We're a rock 'n roll band. That's what happens when crazy white kids play blues, it turns into rock 'n roll.” - Luther Dickinson





“Rock n' Roll came from the slaves singing gospel in the fields. Their lives were hell and they used music to lift out of it, to take them away. That's what rock n' roll should do - take you to a better place.” - Meat Loaf





“I used to do this big rant at the end of some gigs with Ben Folds Five. The band broke into this big heavy metal thing and I started as a joke to scream in a heavy metal falsetto. I found myself saying things like: Feel my pain, I am white, feel my pain.” - Ben Folds





“All that stuff about heavy metal and hard rock, I don't subscribe to any of that. It's all just music. I mean, the heavy metal from the Seventies sounds nothing like the stuff from the Eighties, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the Nineties. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?” - Ozzy Osbourne





“I'd like to feel that everyone would recognize that Judas Priest was the first true heavy metal band. I think there is a special attachment to Judas Priest and metal. We were the first band to really go out and claim ourselves to be a real metal band.” - Rob Halford





“I was looking for something a lot heavier, yet melodic at the same time. Something different from heavy metal, a different attitude.” - Kurt Cobain





“Thank you to all Sabbath fans everywhere. Hopefully our induction tonight will add to the validation ... (and) hard rock and heavy metal will have an enduring and everlasting place in rock history.” - Bill Ward





“They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.” - Ginger Baker





“I like to put on hardcore when I have to clean my apartment, which I hate to do, but it's motivational. I like old heavy metal when I'm outside working on my car. Music has definite functions for me.” - Peter Steele|||"Whatever happened to sex, drugs n' rock n' roll? Now we just have Aids, crack and techno"

No comments:

Post a Comment